Rent a car or book a shuttle with driver, or use your own car ? or taxis ? This is a second main question when you organize a golf trip in France ! Here are some tips.
Rent a car ?
The main pro is your freedom during your trip. You leave home, and drive. You can go everywhere, when you want !
and some cons
You must keep in mind, that several constraints will depend on number of people travelling during the trip and the bagages.
- Waste of time with reaching the renting company desk when Check in and the Check out in the airport.
- The cost of a Renting car depends mainly on the number of passengers. If you transport golf travel bag and suit-cases, the choice of car model must take in account all the bagages (golf travel bag + suitcases. The car model price is very progessive and correlated with the size of the trunk of the car.
- Additional Parking costs during your stay
- Additional Fuel budget
- Fatigue due to the driving of the vehicle during your stay .
- No possibility to enjoy fully french terroir , especially wineyard for the driver of the car.
- Lack of knowledge of traffic rules and times travel, with waste of time.
Use your own car ?
Obviously, using your car depends on where do you come from, how many people, and your car features. If you come from over seas, or more than 1 day travel by road including meals and hotel, it’s cheaper to choose a flight.
and the cons
– Limited number of passengers . For 4 passengers you will need 2 cars.
Use a shuttle with driver ?
Certainly, the most customized solution.
With a pick-up upon arrival at the airport, he can carry your suitcases and golf travel bags (delivered by yourself or rent in France from a specialist).
The shuttle with driver will accompany you during all your stay and bring you back to the airport.
And some cons
Around Paris :
Around Paris, Normandy, Brittany, Loire :